Lemon Myrtle: The Aromatic Splendour
Native to Australia, Lemon Myrtle is a quintessential part of the continent's botanical heritage. Its leaves, rich in essential oils, exude a strong lemon scent, more potent than any other lemon derivative.
- Harvesting and Processing: Lemon Myrtle is typically harvested while the leaves are still green, ensuring the highest concentration of essential oils. They are then dried slowly, often under the sun to preserve their oil content and flavor.
- Taste Profile: Offers a deep, rich lemony flavor far more potent than lemon itself, with a mix of herbaceous undertones.
Why Drink Lemon Myrtle?
- Packed with antioxidants, particularly high in flavonoids, which promote heart health.
- Known for its antimicrobial properties, beneficial for maintaining oral health and combating infections.
- A mood enhancer, its aroma is used in aromatherapy to reduce stress and promote relaxation.
Lemongrass: The Versatile Herb
Lemongrass, a popular herb in Asian cuisine, is cherished worldwide for its medicinal properties and culinary versatility.
- Harvesting and Processing: Lemongrass is harvested once the plant reaches maturity. The stalks are cut, and the leaves are often distilled to extract essential oils, while the remaining parts are dried and used as herbs.
- Taste Profile: Lemongrass tea offers a subtle citrus flavor, with a refreshing and slightly sweet aftertaste.
Why Drink Lemongrass?
- Excellent digestive aid, known to soothe stomach aches, indigestion, and other gastrointestinal issues.
- Acts as a detoxifier, cleansing the kidneys, liver, pancreas, and bladder.
- Contains citronella, a natural oil that has insect-repellent properties and antimicrobial effects.
Lemon Balm: The Calming Flavour
Lemon Balm, a member of the mint family, has been used in traditional medicine since the Middle Ages, particularly as a sleep aid and anxiety reliever.
- Harvesting and Processing: The leaves of the Lemon Balm plant are harvested before flowering to maximize their oil content. They're then carefully dried in the shade to prevent the loss of essential oils.
- Taste Profile: It has a mild lemon scent, with a slightly minty flavor, making it a gentle, calming drink.
Why Drink Lemon Balm?
- Known to improve sleep quality and reduce insomnia.
- Helps in managing anxiety and stress due to its calming effects.
- Supports brain health, enhancing cognitive function, and memory.
While each of these lemon-infused herbs boasts its unique set of benefits and sensory experiences, they all converge on one point: an underlying zesty lemon flavour that will have you looking forward to tea-time everyday.
Whether you're in need of relaxation, detoxification, or simply a zestful flavour, Planet Organic takes pride in offering these three exquisite lemon blends. All Australian Certified Organic (ACO), ensuring you indulge in nature's best, free from any fillers, flavours or contaminants.
Explore these products and our extensive range of over 100 tea blends online. Purchase 3 or more at once and save with bundle deals!
|Shop this Article|
|Lemon Myrtle Tea Bags|
|Lemongrass Tea Bags|
Try out this Lemon Balm Iced Tea Recipe